Sunday, October 24, 2010

Just Don't Use the 'S' Word

Sometimes it’s ok to just accept the pink-frilly-bows-and-goo-gahs girly in you.  While I do enjoy girly things, I generally equate the WORD ‘girly’ with the word ‘sweet’.  And while I may be girly, well, sweet?  I mean... yeah, not so much.  I’m pretty certain that if 100 people in my circle of acquaintances were polled, the word ‘sweet’ would never be used to describe me.  As a matter of fact, I’m pretty sure that the word that would come up most often is the exact POLAR OPPOSITE of sweet.  J

Anyway…

I ran across this line of sodas the other day.  And while I don’t normally drink carbonated beverages, the lavender soda caught my eye, and I actually enjoyed it.  It was light, not cloyingly sweet, and had a pleasant lavender taste.  On a whim, I decided to add a splash of limoncello and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Kind of my big girl version of a root beer float.  And you know what?  It was just pretty tasty.





















Lavender Vanilla Float

One scoop of good-quality vanilla ice cream or gelato
1 jigger Limoncello
Lavender soda (I used DRY brand)

Scoop ice cream into glass.  Pour limoncello over the top.  Fill with soda.  Enjoy while lounging in your wicker chaise amid your perfectly manicured French country garden while reading your latest copy of Victoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment