Friday, February 4, 2011

It's 5:00... Somewhere

If I were to visualize my perfect vacation getaway, it would not be of me lying on a beach with a fruity cocktail in my hand.  No little umbrella in a tiki cup for me.  My drink of choice is generally served in a martini glass (preferably in front of a roaring fire).  But I had this bottle of coconut rum that had been sitting in the cabinet for ages (and I haven't gotten around to making those rum glazed pound cakes I've had in mind), and so I decided to try a little experiment.

I'm sure there's a proper name for it somewhere.  I'll just call it a Guava Mist.

Now I just need to find an umbrella...

























Guava Mist

1 part coconut rum
1 part guava nectar
1 part lemon-lime soda

Pour over ice and stir gently.  Listen to the waves crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment