Friday, June 17, 2011

Mini Rant

So, confession time…

There is something that my children do that never fails to heartily annoy me. It usually starts with some kind of discussion about how there is ‘no food in the house’. Mind you, I am an avid coupon shopper/stockpiler, and I’m pretty sure in the event of a nuclear disaster, I can feed my family a minimum of 3 months with what I have on hand. But apparently all of that food is just not ‘right’ for the recent grad, at least. And now that O1 is staying with us for a few months until she gets a new place, I find her going through cabinets and sighing in disappointment from time to time as well.

Anyway, I digress…

So, the discussion continues with me asking what they would like me to pick up for them the next time I’m at the grocery store. Several weeks ago, the unanimous answer given by both of them was ‘bananas’.

Me, I’m not much of a banana fan. But the girls have always seemed to like them. So being the dutiful mother I am, I naturally picked up a bunch for them and brought them home.

Where they sat.

And sat.

And sat.

{irritated Mommy face}

So there I was with, quite literally, a bunch of bananas that were going brown and soft. And since I had been unhappy with the last banana bread recipe I auditioned, I started hunting around for recipes on the net. I was pretty open to anything, but I knew I wanted them to have butter and buttermilk in them.

I finally ran across a recipe on Two Peas and their Pod and rather than retyping it here, I’m just going to post the link.

‘Cuz I didn’t do a damn thing to change it. And it was really, really good.

























I won’t tell you that it made my eyes roll back in the back of my head or anything. I mean, come on. It’s BANANA BREAD. But it was moist and flavorful.

And gone almost immediately.

Problem solved.

Buttermilk Banana Bread (from Two Peas and their Pod).

No comments:

Post a Comment