Friday, June 24, 2011

Oldies but Goodies

I love trying out new recipes or coming up with recipes on my own. But having a repertoire of quick to prepare standards can be just as satisfying.

O2 and I were doing the vehicle trade-off thing again last night, and I wanted to put together something fast. I had already roasted a turkey breast the previous night (which neither of my kids will eat), and as I did a quick run through the store on the way home, I decided to make some polenta (which she loves) and some kind of veggie. Cauliflower happened to be on sale, and I knew I had some bell peppers at home already, so I decided to toss it all in the oven to roast and then make my favorite Romesco to tie it all together.

Cauliflower’s never been something I get terribly excited about. But this was a good way to prepare it. And the almonds in the sauce (which, by the way, was a much more satisfying color this time around thanks to RED bell peppers instead of yellow) complimented the roasted flavor of the vegetable nicely.

I used this basic polenta recipe, except that I omitted the mozzarella and added 2 oz of cream cheese. I also roasted a head of garlic and added about half of the bulb to it as well.

On a side note, the romesco also went very well with the turkey.  :-))























Roasted Cauliflower

1 whole cauliflower, cut into florets (or a bag of florets if that’s how you roll)
2 - 3 Tbs olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat oven to 400ยบ. Spread cauliflower evenly over a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast about 20 - 30 minutes until cauliflower is tender and beginning to turn golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment