Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Comfort

There are all sorts of foods out there that I love.  And I've had some pretty amazing meals that all but made my eyes roll back into my head.  I also love challenging myself in the kitchen and trying out new recipes.

But sometimes you just want something that's the food equivalent of a warm blanket.  This is my favorite comfort food.  Don't know why.  It just is.

The night before I'd made meatloaf and mashed potatoes.  It was really more of a setup for the next night's leftovers:  a grilled meatloaf panini with Gouda and bacon and mashed potato pancakes.

Don't mock me.

The potato pancakes have no particular recipe.  I throw a beaten egg (or 2 - depending on the amount of leftovers) into the mashed potatoes, add a bit more salt and pepper, toss in some chopped chives and add a little flour to bind it together, then fry them in a bit of butter and olive oil.  Sometimes I put cheese in them.  Usually I top them with sour cream.  Tonight I wanted dressing (had Caesar in the fridge - not the actual person, BTW).

Don't mock me!

I opted for a paper plate.  Almost no dishes.  Nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment