Saturday, January 22, 2011

EEEEK!

So, I haven't really been blogging because, well, I haven't really been cooking.

And the reason I haven't been cooking is that I've been dealing with one of these...


And yes, I believe this is exactly what the damned thing looks like because it has defied every attempt I've made to rid myself of it.

And of course, when I say 'it', I mean 'them'.  Because where there's one...

(sigh)

I of course heard it before I saw it.  And at that point believed it was the size of a possum.  Turns out it really wasn't.  But the problem isn't the size.  It's the scampering.  Nothing that scampers can be good.

I have looked for solutions online.  I have consulted with friends, who seem to be split between the ones that are sympathetic and have the same kind of gut-thumping reaction to the idea of a SCAMPERER in the kitchen, and those who just seem to think I'm being a big baby.

Well.

I do have to say that I seemed to have attracted not just a run of the mill, everyday house mouse but a freaking MENSA mouse.  I have traps slathered in peanut butter, which I was assured by several online 'experts'  is like crack to these things.  Not so, apparently.

I was also assured that the smell of ammonia repels them.  So I soaked several cotton balls in the stuff and placed them in front of suspected entryways.  One was picked up and dragged a couple of feet before being left behind.

There is also a very engaged feline in the mix.  I'm telling you, this thing is BRILLIANT (The mouse, not the cat.  OBVIOUSLY).

Anyway, I've been using friends' kitchens, eating out, or eating cold for the most part over the course of the last couple of weeks.  Yesterday I decided to start taking back my kitchen.  And tomorrow I'm declaring war.

But I may be standing on a chair when I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment