Tuesday, January 11, 2011

An Old Standby

Don't you just hate it when you have a point to make and then realize that all of your assumptions were in your head and not out there in plain sight for the entire world to see?

No?

Ok, maybe it's just me...

Anyhow...

I had it in my head that I should post my recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts because I was just CERTAIN that I had photos scattered throughout this blog with them making appearances as part of the meal.  Then when I hunted through old posts looking for links to prove my point, I came up with this.  And that's it.

So you'll just have to believe me when I say that we eat a lot of sprouts, and by and large, this is how I prepare them.  No mushy gray sprouts here.  These have a wonderful nutty flavor to them.  And then there's the garlic.  I mean, who can go wrong with roasted garlic, am I right?

So without further adieu, I give you Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic.  And now I'm going to go hunt down all of those photos that I just KNOW are lurking around!



















Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic

1 - 1 1/2 lbs Brussels sprouts
Olive oil (extra virgin)
Course Kosher salt and pepper to taste
2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced

Preheat oven to 400ยบ.  Line a baking sheet with foil (I use the non-stick variety, and it works wonders.  I'm truly addicted to the stuff).

Cut the ends off the sprouts and remove outer (loose) leaves.  Slice in half, or quarters if they're particularly large.  Basically, you want them all to be the same size.  Spread evenly over baking sheet.

Coat the sprouts lightly with olive oil and mix them around a bit to make sure they're evenly coated.  Season with salt and pepper.

Bake the sprouts for about 20 minutes, or just until they start to brown.  Remove from oven and scatter the garlic around the sprouts.  Return to oven and bake another 10 minutes, or until garlic is cooked through.

Sometimes I give these a little shower of grated Parmesan and/or a sprinkling of balsamic vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment